Marathon was the first Mac game I bought and I played it quite a bit. So much so that I even made a website devoted to it, as well as couple maps for the game. Below are the maps I created, as well as some video of death matches that I took part in. If you need the game, luckly you can get it free from Bungie's website.
To play these, rename them to "Map" (and of course rename your original map file to something else). These maps only work for the original Marathon.
- First Map - Like it says, the first map I made. Has a couple issues, but works. Not very fun though. Learned a lot about what not to do with a Marathon map (like you can't have two openings above one another showing, that crashes the game ;). [May 3, 1995]
- Vitaflo - The first release of a decent map. It's actually not bad, though it's a bit big. The best room is the one with the platform switches that allow you to crush your opponent when they're camping on the ledge trying to snipe you. Apparently it was linked on marathon.org with a comment saying, "Man, someone should teach this guy about the proper use of textures." Hey at least someone actually played it. ;) [May 10, 1995]
Replay my glory years as a Marathon player and revel in how much I sucked.
- Waldo - All Waldo games were played in Waldorf Hall at Gustavus Adolphus College, thus the name. [May 11, 1995]
- Vita - You must use the Vitaflo map to see this one properly, gives a good sense of the level. [May 11, 1995]
- Chuck - All Chuck games were played against my friend Chuck (who isn't very good). [Aug 4, 1996]
- Macworld '95 Finals - Didn't play in this one, but it's the finals of the Marathon tourney at Macworld in '95 [Jan 11, 1995]